Monday, March 20, 2006

a pathetic fielding display

Cricket's a really crude game. You seriously don't know what's on offer on some days. Take the Florida Tech. team for instance. Now we are no professionals, and we have our days. But on the whole, we're a very inconsistent side; you never know how a particular player will perform on any given day. And so it happened today : a pathetic fielding performance, a really pathetic one by everybody in the team, save one. According to our captain, who btw loves to exaggerate, we dropped around 20 chances (I hope that includes the 'half-chances' or else that's just plain sad). And yours truly also dropped a few, one of them an absolute sitter. But I have no excuses : no sunlight factor, no "the ball was too far", no "the ball was too fast." And I didn't even want to analyze why I dropped those. All I can say is that sometimes when someone drops a catch in your team, it immediately puts pressure on the rest of them to take the next chance that comes their way. This is regardless of how tough the chance. And this pyschological factor really screws with the fielder's head. Before I dropped the sitter, the bowler's first cry was "atleast catch this one, man ... come on!" Talk about pressure! .... well no excuses ...

Recommended song (English) : Wonderwall by Oasis. It was one of the first few English songs that I liked. I didn't really understand what the lyrics meant, I just liked the music and the flow of the song I guess. Only recently, I realized that I didn't know what the word 'wonderwall' meant. It's a very weird word because even if you try and make sense out of 'wonder' and 'wall' put together, it doesn't ring any bells. And it turns out that 'wonderwall' isn't even a real word. According to the Oasis guitarist, the song's about an imaginary friend who's going to come and save you from yourself. Well, figure the lyrics out for yourself (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=38&offset=0&page=1#comments).

I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now
. . . .
there are many things that I would like to say to you
but I don't know how
because maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me,
and after all, you're my wonderwall . . . .

2 comments:

Kuldip Kumar Garhwal said...

Hi there
nice blog. njoyed it. good job.
i like ur creativity in writing... what the hell r u doing in the comp sc field.. (ur sis told me that) anyways visit my blog at http://kulxp.blogspot.com
or drop a line at garhwalk@gmail.com
Kuldip

--
Kuldip Kumar Garhwal
ZeroIn forum - http://www.zeroin.co.in
esperienza - http://kulxp.blogspot.com (photoblog)

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Kya re! What happened to all the fielding practice I used to make you guys do when I was there... Cho chad! :D