Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day ...? Let's get over it people ......

Today is Valentine's Day. Yup, the day supposedly dedicated to your loved one .... I've even heard somewhere that if you're not going to love him/her the rest of the year, it's all good. But you have to do it on February 14 .... (Ok, I didn't hear it anywhere. I made that up.)

Aaarrgghhh !! It's just so frustrating at times. I'm sorry to say so but I really don't believe in special days like this. Or in any special day for that matter. It's just not fair to discriminate one single day for some special occasion like dedications to your significant other, father, mother or even your birthday. It's just way too lame. We don't need reminders once in a year to give a thought to your father, mother or significant other. It's an insult to that person and relationship in fact. If we were really care about them, we'd think about them everybody and I'm sure we do. We don't need no special day to tell us when to remember them. It's probably just a marketing strategy for businesses to make some money. Sad, but true ......

No comments: