Tuesday, September 12, 2006

sleep sweet sleep

Silly exercise : try saying "sleep sweet sleep sleep sweet sleep sleep sweet sleep" (etc.) as fast as possible - sleepsweetsleepsleepslipswipsiplipwiplspwsp - blllblblbllblbllblblbllblblbllllllllllllllllllll

OKkkkkkkk ..... that was very stupid ... if I were you, I wouldn't have done that. Why would you do such a thing? Shame on you for giving it a shot! .... that was kinda fun :)

Ok, I'm a little sleepy actually and I tend to do weird(-er) stuff under a sleepy spell. Ever feel so sleepy that you feel like a zombie? (No, I'm not that sleepy at this point of time) I've been zombie numerous times. It's weird how sleepiness can spur such actions. I know of a friend (you know who you are) who feels tipsy under the influence of excess lethargy - no kidding! Imagine - "Hmm ... feel like getting tipsy. Oh well, I'll just keep myself awake for a few more hours." Think about the amount of money you could save on getting tipsy or buzzed. Brilliant, I say.

My point is that .... forget about it, it doesn't even deserve to be a point! I've been sleepy all day and I've had some funny moments. Fell asleep while reading at Barnes & Noble, must've made a complete fool out of myself! The realization of a book on your face in that pre-conscious phase is indescribable :P Well, I've had my share of laughs watching other people dozing off in public.

P.S. I'm not that sleepy also ... I mean, I wrote up a whole blog entry ...


Recommended Song (Hindi) : Huzoor is kadar bhi naa itraake chaliye (Masoom) - http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/H000275.html

Was just browsing about the Gulzar (I told you he'd make another appearance in this feature)folder after a long time, and stumbled upon another one of his classics. Of course, a classic movie as well.

koi manchala gar pakadlega aanchal
zarah sochiye aap kya kijiyega
laga de agar badhke zulfon mein kaliyaan
toh kya apni zulfein jhatak dijiyega

badi dil nasheen hai hasi ki yeh ladiyaan
yeh moti magar yun naa bikhraya kijiye
udaake naa le jaaye jhonka hawa ka
lachakta badan yun naa lehraya kijiye

(and my favorite stanza)
bahut khoobsurat hai har baat lekin
agar dil bhi hota toh kya baat hoti
likhi jaati phir daastaan-e-mohabbat
ek afsaane jaisi mulaqat hoti

No comments: